Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms
- Yield 6 servings
These stuffed mushrooms perfect finger foods.
Place a small cube of mozzarella cheese in the bottom of the mushroom cap before stuffing for a little surprise.
- 2 garlic cloved, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 12 large mushroom caps, stems removed for the stuffing, caps set aside
- 6 pitted black Kalamata olives
- 6 to 8 green pimento-struffed olives
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 5 dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place the garlic, shallots, mushroom stems, black and green olives, Italian herbs and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender and process or blend until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped mushroom mixture and saute 4 minutes until tender and mushrooms exude moisture. Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and let cool 10 minutes. Add parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and lemon juice. Use a tablespoon to stuff and mound the mixture into the cavities of the mushroom caps.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the mushroom caps on a baking pan with sides and bake 15 to 20 minutes until heated through and golden brown.