Mediterranean Red Snapper
- Yield 8 servings
The feta, red sauce and green beans form a wonderful sauce that would also be great with any choice of fish or chicken.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds red snapper filets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut green beans, partially thawed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the fish in a 2-quart oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top with the green beans. Pour the sauce evenly over the fish and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the fish flakes easily. Salt and pepper to taste.