Mediterranean Red Skin Potato Salad
- Yield 10 servings
A fresh, lighter style of everyone’s favorite picnic salad.
When tossed, this salad is a beautiful ruddy pink color. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, capers and Kalamata olives, if you like, and substitute 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil for the mayonnaise
- 5 pounds red bliss potatoes with skins on, washed well
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles or cornichons
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of water to cover about 20 minutes until tender but still firm. Drain and place on a plate tocool. Slice about 1/2-inch thick.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. When the potatoes are cool, add to bowl and mix until combined well.