Mediterranean Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (14-ounce) pre-baked pizza crust or 2 (8-inch) pre-baked pizza crusts
- 3/4cup pesto sauce
- 1/2cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/4cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), sliced
- 1/4cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 4cups (16-ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4ounces Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the pizza crust(s) on a pizza pan or a large baking sheet. Spread the crust(s) with pesto sauce. Top with the peppers, tomatoes, olives, and pine nuts. Sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella, and place the fresh mozzarella slices on top. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the pizza has reached the desired doneness.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board