- Yield 8 servings
Try this orzo with a Mediterranean flare.
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cook the orzo according to package direction, omitting the salt and butter; drain.
- Pour the water into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in the tomatoes. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Chop the tomatoes. Combine the orzo, tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, bell peppers, parsley, olives, pepper, vinegar and oil in a large bowl; toss to combine.
- Garnish with parsley or additional sliced olives.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Pasadena, Inc.’s Dining By Design (Pasadena, California, 1999).