- Yield 3 cups
A perfect light marinade for vegetables—from roasted red peppers and hearts of palm to artichokes and beans.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup tomato or vegetable juice such as V-8
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 8 -- leaves fresh basil
- 8 to 10 -- pitted black olives such as kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- In a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree all ingredients 30 seconds until smooth. You may also use a hand-held immersion blender.