- Yield 4 servings
Try this grouper for a real Mediterranean flare.
- 4 -- (6-ounce) grouper fillets or snapper fillets, rinsed and patted dry.
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 -- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Arrange the fillets in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with the lemon pepper. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes or until flaky.
- Saute the bell pepper, onion, mushroom and garlic with the oregano and salt in the olive oil in a large skillet for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the wine and cook for several minutes or until the wine is reduced by half. Add the tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, covered, for several minutes or until the tomoatoes are tender-crisp.
- Remove the fish fillets to serving plates. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the fish and top with the cheese. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of the Emerald Coast’s Beach Appetit (The Junior League of the Emerald Coast, Inc., 2004).