Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 1small eggplant, peeled
- 1small zucchini
- 1small yellow squash
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 slices
- 6tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3cups dry Israeli couscous
- 6tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2tablespoons slivered basil
- Prepare grill.
- Cut eggplant and squash lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick strips. Brush eggplant, squash and onions with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place crosswise on grill grate. Cover and grill over direct heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Place couscous in a pan. Add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, remaining olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk well. Pour over couscous. Add cheese, tomatoes, basil and grilled vegetables. Toss well. Makes about 10 cups.
Recipe by High Cotton Catering