Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Grilled vegetables add deep flavor to this salad.
- 1 small eggplant, peeled
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 slices
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups dry Israeli couscous
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons slivered basil
- Prepare grill.
- Cut eggplant and squash lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick strips. Brush eggplant, squash and onions with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place crosswise on grill grate. Cover and grill over direct heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Place couscous in a pan. Add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, remaining olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk well. Pour over couscous. Add cheese, tomatoes, basil and grilled vegetables. Toss well. Makes about 10 cups.
Recipe by High Cotton Catering