Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Georgia Pecans
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package cooked chicken sausage, preferably seasoned with herbs
- 1 (6-ounce) bunch arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil and herbs
- 8ounces fresh mozarella, cut in small cubes
- 2/3cup chopped Georgia pecans, toasted
- Grill or pan-fry chicken sausage until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop arugula and spread on a large serving platter. Arrange sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and pecans in alternating diagonal rows, leaving space for rows of sausage.
- When sausage is cool enough to handle, slice crosswise into bite-size chunks; arrange on platter. Drizzle with your favorite Italian-style dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Pecan Commission
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
- Monounsaturated Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 873mg
- Potassium 30g
- Carbohydrate 27g