Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Georgia Pecans
- Yield 6 servings
Serve this colorful, hearty salad with your favorite Italian dressing. For convenience, the ingredients can be prepared an hour before serving, but once assembled the salad should be served promptly.
- 1 -- (12-ounce) package cooked chicken sausage, preferably seasoned with herbs
- 1 -- (6-ounce) bunch arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 -- (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil and herbs
- 8 ounces fresh mozarella, cut in small cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped Georgia pecans, toasted
- Grill or pan-fry chicken sausage until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop arugula and spread on a large serving platter. Arrange sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and pecans in alternating diagonal rows, leaving space for rows of sausage.
- When sausage is cool enough to handle, slice crosswise into bite-size chunks; arrange on platter. Drizzle with your favorite Italian-style dressing and serve.