Mediterranean Chicken and Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- 4medium Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1can Chicken broth
- 1can Diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 1cup Chopped spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2cup Sliced black olives
- 3tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8ounces Pasta, such as vermicelli or angel hair
- Moisten the chicken with some of the broth. Coat with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Heat 2 T of the Olive Oil in a frying pan and brown chicken breasts. When browned, add the rest of the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chopped spinach, and sliced olives. Simmer until chicken breasts are tender, about 20 minutes. Season with garlic, fresh ground pepper, and Italian herbs to taste.
- While that is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with 1 T of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Toss pasta with the olives and vegetables from the chicken, and place on plate. Top with chicken breast, and garnish with a few reserved olive slices.