Mediterranean Chicken with Kalamata and Raisins
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 8 minutes
- Cook 23 minutes
A beautiful chicken dish starring Kalamata olives and golden raisins.
Lovely combination of flavors that just build off of one another. The green of the spinach, bright white of the rice with the addition of the black Kalamata olives and golden color of the raisins makes this dish beautiful to look at and a pleasure to eat
- 2 cups rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 pieces chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
- 1/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup California dark raisins
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon aged Balsamic vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, cook rice according to package directions, adding 1 teaspoon salt and lemon pepper.
- Remove pan from heat; add spinach, cover, and allow to sit, without stirring, 5 minutes. Using a fork, fluff rice and spinach.
- While rice is cooking, place flour, garlic salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook about 4 minutes per side; until golden and cooked through. Place chicken on a platter; cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add wine, olives, and raisins to skillet. Simmer until wine is almost evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken stock; cook until sauce is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken over the spinach rice mixture, and top with sauce. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.