Mediterranean Chicken Summer Stir-Fry
- Yield 8 servings
Here’s a summer sensation chicken dinner you can throw together in 20 minutes. Serve over angel hair pasta.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups diced yellow squash (about 2 large)
- 4 cups diced zucchini (about 2 large)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Season chicken with 2 teaspoons oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken 3 minutes. Chicken should brown. Add squash, zucchini, and onion, stirring, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Combine lemon juice, tomatoes, olives and remaining 1 teaspoon oregano. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Toss in parsley, cook one more minute, then plate and garnish with feta cheese.