Mediterranean Chicken Summer Stir-Fry
- Yield 8 servings
Here’s a summer sensation chicken dinner you can throw together in 20 minutes. Serve over angel hair pasta.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups diced yellow squash (about 2 large)
- 4 cups diced zucchini (about 2 large)
- 1 -- onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Season chicken with 2 teaspoons oregano, and season to taste.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and cook chicken 3 minutes, stirring, or until chicken starts to brown. Add squash, zucchini, and onion, stirring, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, tomatoes, olives and remaining 1 teaspoon oregano, cooking another 5 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Add parsley, cooking one minute. Sprinkle with feta and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.