Mediterranean Chick-Pea Soup
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This recipe is a winner with kids and adults alike.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chicken broth or bouillon
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can chick-peas, drained
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and saute onion for 3 minutes. Add broth, chicke-peas, tomatoes, water, cumin, cinnamon and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add pasta. Cook for 9 minutes. Stir in parsley.