Mediterranean baked cod
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4cup onion, finely diced
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1cup white wine
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1cup black olives, halved
- 4pieces cod, or other firm white fish
- 2tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1cup small red skinned potatoes, halved and parboiled
- -- lemon, sliced thinly
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a 12 inch or larger saute pan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add white wine and bring to a boil until wine is reduced by half. Add cherry tomatoes, black olives, parsley, potatoes, lemon slices, and salt and pepper. Simmer until the tomatoes are soft and begin to give up their juice, about 5 minutes. Nestle the cod into this sauce and bring back to a simmer.
Place saute pan in oven, uncovered, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the fish is flaky.
Serve with crusty bread to dip into the sauce. Delicious!!