Mediterranean baked cod
- Yield 2 to 4 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black olives, halved
- 4 pieces cod, or other firm white fish
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup small red skinned potatoes, halved and parboiled
- -- lemon, sliced thinly
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a 12 inch or larger saute pan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Add white wine and bring to a boil until wine is reduced by half. Add cherry tomatoes, black olives, parsley, potatoes, lemon slices, and salt and pepper. Simmer until the tomatoes are soft and begin to give up their juice, about 5 minutes. Nestle the cod into this sauce and bring back to a simmer.
Place saute pan in oven, uncovered, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the fish is flaky.
Serve with crusty bread to dip into the sauce. Delicious!!