Chicken Couscous Salad
- Yield servings
- Mediteranean chicken couscous salad with minted yogurt dip
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 8 -- cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup pine nuts slightly toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn (drained)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons powdered cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- -- Salt, pepper
- MINTED YOGURT DIP:
- 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 -- fresh mint leaves chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt, pepper to taste
First make chicken couscous salad.
Prepare couscous according to package directions.
Transfer couscous in a large bowl. Add 2 TBS olive oil. Fluff with fork.
Add to couscous, chicken, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, cranberries, drained sweet corn, cumin, lemon juice, cilantro, arugula. Salt and pepper to taste
To make Minted yogurt:
Stir in yogurt the mint, garlic, lemon juice.
-Salt, pepper to taste
Before serving, sprinkle the chicken couscous salad with the asiago cheese. serve with the yogurt dip on the side.