Chicken Couscous Salad
- Yield: servings
- Mediteranean chicken couscous salad with minted yogurt dip
- 1package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 3cups rotisserie chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3cups coarsely chopped arugula
- 8-- cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2cup pine nuts slightly toasted
- 1/2cup dried cranberries
- 1/2cup canned sweet corn (drained)
- 1cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3cup grated asiago cheese
- 2teaspoons powdered cumin
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- -- Salt, pepper
- MINTED YOGURT DIP:
- 2cups plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/4-- fresh mint leaves chopped finely
- 2cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt, pepper to taste
First make chicken couscous salad.
Prepare couscous according to package directions.
Transfer couscous in a large bowl. Add 2 TBS olive oil. Fluff with fork.
Add to couscous, chicken, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, cranberries, drained sweet corn, cumin, lemon juice, cilantro, arugula. Salt and pepper to taste
To make Minted yogurt:
Stir in yogurt the mint, garlic, lemon juice.
-Salt, pepper to taste
Before serving, sprinkle the chicken couscous salad with the asiago cheese. serve with the yogurt dip on the side.