Meaty Italian Dip
- Yield 32 servings
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 6 ounces ground breakfast turkey sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced roasted red peppers (found in jar)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can artichokes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- In large nonstick pot, cook meat, sausage, mushrooms and onion until meat and sausage are done, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except sour cream and cook until cheese is melted and dip is well heated. Stir in sour cream, heat and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.