Meatloaf with Mushroom Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 8ounces coarsely chopped fresh white mushrooms
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package dry vegetable soup mix
- 1cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2cup skim milk, divided
- 1/4cup skim milk
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 8ounces (about 3 cups) fresh white mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2pounds chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare meatloaves: In a large bowl, combine beef, chopped mushrooms, vegetable soup mix, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup milk and egg until well combined. Form into two loaves, 7×5 inches each. Place loaves in a shallow baking pan with rack. Bake 45 minutes.
- To prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch; set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and onion; cook and stir over moderate heat until mushrooms are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture into mushroom mixture in skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 409
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 144mg
- Sodium 409g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 1g