- Yield 3 dozens
"These are the best cookies you have ever eaten!"
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix sugars, oil, egg and butter until evenly blended.
- Stir in baking soda, salt and flour. Mix well.
- Add vanilla, Rice Krispies, coconut and oats. Stir again, until dough is even.
- Drop by teaspoon on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This chewy cookie can be baked longer if a crispier texture is desired. A cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips can be added to suit your taste.
–Maxine Barkwell, Omaha, Texas