Masitas de Cerdo (Carnitas)
- Yield 6 servings
Very similar to carnitas, these little chunks of pork, marinated in citrus, herbs and garlic, are perfect with rice pilaf, sautéed peppers and onions, salsa and warmed tortillas.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 -- garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour orange juice OR 1/4 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Place pork cubes in a self-sealing plastic bag; mix together remaining ingredients and pour over pork cubes; seal bag and refrigerate overnight. Preheat 350 degree F oven. Heat oil in oven-proof skillet. Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes to brown; place skillet in oven. Roast in a 350 degrees F. oven for 25-30 minutes, until pork is tender. Remove to serving platter and serve hot.