- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Nothing beats the comfort of plain mashed potatoes—and these are reduced-fat.
- 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup skim milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Boil potatoes in a large nonstick pot.
- After boil begins, lower heat and cover. Cook an additional 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Mash potatoes with margarine, milk and yogurt. Season to taste and stir until smooth.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.