Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 30 mins
Serve these outrageously rich mashed potatoes to guests or on holidays.
If you're pressed for oven space, make these potatoes ahead and reheat in a slow cooker on the counter. These rich mashed potatoes are for special occasions.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds celery root, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt, room temperature
- 4 ounces mascarpone, Italian-style cream cheese or conventional cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and celery root in a large pot; cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Add butter and reserved cooking water to potatoes and mash. Add sour cream, mascarpone, salt and pepper and stir well.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.