Mashed Potatoes with Mascarpone
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
If you're pressed for oven space, make these potatoes ahead and reheat in a slow cooker on the counter. These rich mashed potatoes are for special occasions.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2pounds celery root, peeled and cubed
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1/3cup sour cream or plain yogurt, room temperature
- 4ounces mascarpone, Italian-style cream cheese or conventional cream cheese, room temperature
- 1teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and celery root in a large pot; cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Add butter and reserved cooking water to potatoes and mash. Add sour cream, mascarpone, salt and pepper and stir well.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 17g
- Sodium 980mg
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Fiber 24g
- Protein 8g