Chicken Stuffed with Two Cheeses
- Yield servings
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 -- garlic clove, pressed
- -- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 6 -- thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts or trimmed and pounded
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup creme fresh
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F middle rack postion. Combine the mascaropne cheese, goat cheese, thyme, garlic salt and pepper to taste, place mixture in refridge. for easier handling.
Pat dry thin sliced chicken breasts with paper towels. Lay out flat and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Form about 1/4 cup of cold mixture in hands and roll into each chicken breast.
Place rolls seam sided down in large buttered baking dish. Combine any left over mixture with creme fresh and mayo and mustard and lemon juice. spoon over top. Combine panko bread crumbs with melted butter and press on chicken rolls and around sides.
Bake uncovered for about 30 min. If panko bread crumbs start to get too brown, tent dish with foil.
May add frozen spinach (thawed and drained) to mixture or roll a couple asparagus spears in.