Maryland Vegetable Crab Soup
- Yield servings
This soup is a great way to warm up on a cold winter day.
- 1 bunch celery, finely chopped
- 4 -- carrots, finely chopped
- 2 -- onions, finely chopped
- -- Vegetable oil for sauteing
- 1 gallon crab stock
- 1 gallon beef stock
- 1/2 cup Chesapeake Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup (or more) hot red pepper sauce
- 6 -- potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound corn
- 1 pound lima beans
- 1 pound green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound crab meat
- Saute the celery, carrots and onions in vegetable oil in a very largestockpot until softened. Add the crab stock and beef stock. Stir in the Chesapeake Bay seasoning, hot sauce, potatoes, corn, lima beans and green beans. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer until all of the vegetables are cooked through. Stir in the crab meat. Season with additional hot sauce if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Annapolis’s A Thyme to Entertain (The Junior League of Annapolis, Inc., 2007).