Maryland Crab Cakes
- Yield: 4 servings
"When blue crabs were swimming the Chesapeake Bay, I would catch them, and steam them, setting aside the meat. Then my mother would make her special Maryland crab cakes."
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon parsley
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1pinch white pepper
- 1slice white bread without crust, crumbed
- 1pound back fin crabmeat
- Combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs and crab in a bowl and mix.
- Fold in crab meat and breadcrumbs softly, and form into cakes.
- Saute in vegetable shortening or butter.
Recipe by Bob Peters, Nokomis, Fla.