- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Cook: 8 to 10
- 1pound Maryland lump or backfin crabmeat or substitute frozen or canned
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3tablespoons reduced-fat mayonaiise
- 1tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 2teaspoons dry English mustard, such as Colmans
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper
- 1teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1/2cup plain breadcrumbs
- Remove cartilage from crabmeat carefully to avoid breaking up pieces.
- Combine egg, mayonnaise, and seasonings. Fold crabmeat gently into mixture. Form into 6 cakes. Spread breadcrumbs on wax paper and coat both sides until cakes are well covered. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cook in skillet in just enough butter/oil combination to prevent sticking (approximately 1 tablespoon each canola oil and butter) until browned, about 5 minutes on each side garnish with parsley sprig and lemon wedge.
Recipe by Edee Hogan, RD. Reprinted with permission from John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The American Dietetic Association’s Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 130
- Fat 2.5g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Sodium 900mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 18g