- Yield 8 servings
"After a 40-year separation, I was able to rekindle a special relationship with my childhood friend, Martha. This is her slaw recipe."
- 2 (3-ounce) packages chicken- or beef-flavored Ramen noodles
- 1 pound package of cabbage slaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanut or sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 flavor packets from Ramen noodles
- In a medium bowl, crunch Ramen noodles into bite-size pieces.
- Stir in slaw mix, sunflower seeds and green onions.
- Mix together oil, sugar and flavor packets from the Ramen noodles. Pour dressing on top of slaw mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir well before serving.
Brenda Colinger, Forest, Va.