- Yield 4 servings
A heady blend of North African spices transforms simple carrots into an exceptional dish.
- 12 -- carrots, peeled, cut into diagonal pieces
- 1/2 cup fruity olive oil
- -- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 -- cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Simmer carrots in a medium saucepan until tender-crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place into mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.Pour over carrots and toss well. Serve at room temperature.