Mark’s Favorite Veal Parmesan
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6medium pieces veal scaloppini
- 2tablespoons canola oil & cooking spray
- 1/2cup seasoned flour (salt, pepper, italian seasoning and parmesan cheese)
- 1large egg mixed with 1 T water
- 1/2cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1large jar pasta sauce (chunky vegetable pureed), divided
- 1/4cup dried parsley/basil or 1/2 cup fresh
- 1pound dried pasta (your choice)
Pound veal with flat pounder between plastic wrap until thin.
Dip veal in egg mixture, lightly coat with flour and saute in oil at medium heat approximately 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and coat the bottom with a layer or pasta sauce.
Place veal in pan an cover each piece with a slice of mozzarella, a good coveirng of sauce, grated parmesan and parsely/basil.
Cover with foil and bake at 325 approximately 30 minutes or until warmed and bubbly.
Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until el dente, drain and serve with a portion of veal and additional sauce.