Marinated Tuna and Pineapple Salsa
- Yield: 6 servings
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 (16-ounce) can pineapple, drained
- 1/2cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2cup finely chopped red onion
- 3tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2cup finely chopped green onions
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 Ahi tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- Pineapple Salsa
- To prepare the salsa: In a large non-aluminum bowl, combine all the ingredients and adjust seasoning. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes about 3 cups.
- To prepare the tuna: In a shallow non-aluminum bowl, combine the vinegar, onions, mustard and pepper. Coat the tuna with the marinade and marinate for several hours, refrigerated, turning occasionally.
- Light a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat the broiler.
- Remove the tuna from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Broil or grill the tuna 4 to 6 inches from the broiler or very hot coals, 4 to 5 minutes per side for rare to medium rare doneness.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 214
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 68mg
- Sodium 121mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 33g