Marinated Shrimp Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Serve this salad in seeded avocado halves.
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- 2 pounds shrimp, boiled and peeled
- 2 hard cooked eggs, grated
- Combine the celery, green onions, chives, olive oil, Tabasco sauce, cocktail sauce, horseradish, Dijon mustard and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Fold in the shrimp and eggs.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 10 to 12 hours before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., Cooking in High Cotton, the Cotton Country Collection (the Junior League of Monroe, Inc., 2008)