Marinated Mushroom and Garden Vegetable Salad
- Yield: 10 servings
- 10ounces white button mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 8ounces broccoli florets (about 3 cups)
- 1small zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- 1medium sweet red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1medium red onion, cut in 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups
- 4ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
- 3/4cup low-fat Italian dressing
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup honey
- In large bowl combine mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, pepper, onion and tomatoes.
- In small bowl combine Italian dressing, vinegar and honey; mix well. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture; toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, tossing occasionally. Just before serving drain lightly. Serve on bed of soft lettuce with bread sticks, if desired or make a light main dish by adding ham, or cooked chicken or beef.