Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
Serve these alone for a starter or salad course, or as a refreshing side for grilled meat or fish.
- 3large colorful heirloom tomatoes
- 3tablespoons good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- 3tablespoons minced shallot
- 3tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Cut each tomato into 8 wedges and lay out on large sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil, then sherry vinegar, evenly across tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and pepper, followed by shallots and chives, evenly across tomatoes
- Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.