Marinated Grouper Fillets
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6-- (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1tablespoon finely chopped and seeded serrano chile
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2tablespoons tequila
- 2tablespoons dry white wine
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-- garlic clove, chopped
- -- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- -- Lime wedges for garnish
- Place the fish in a single layer in a 13×9-inch baking dish and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Process the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, the cilantro, onion, sugar, chili, lime juice, tequila, wine, oil and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over the fish and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the grill. Drain the fish, discarding the marinade. Place the fish on a grill rack coated with nonstick cooking spray. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with chopped fresh chives and lime wedges.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tallahassee’s A Thyme to Celebrate (the Junior League of Tallahassee, Inc. Tallahassee, Florida 2009).