Marinated Grilled Grape Tomatoes
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 1 mins
Charred over hot coals then marinated with crushed garlic and basil, these grape tomatoes are truly the taste of summer!
We like basil in this recipe, but just about any fresh herb will taste great!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- Preheat grill to high (450F).
- Toss clean, dry grape tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and place directly onto hot grill, grill basket or grill topper. Cook until tomato skins begin to char and crack, about 30 seconds.
- Remove tomatoes from grill and toss with crushed garlic cloves and basil leaves. Add additional salt and pepper if desired. Place in a jar or other container and cover with extra-virgin olive oil. Marinate at least 1 hour, up to one week in the refrigerator.
Note: The leftover oil has amazing flavor! Try it in your favorite marinade, vinaigrette or sauce.