Marinated Grilled Grape Tomatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 1 mins
We like basil in this recipe, but just about any fresh herb will taste great!
- 1pint grape tomatoes
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 1teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1sprig fresh basil
- Preheat grill to high (450F).
- Toss clean, dry grape tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and place directly onto hot grill, grill basket or grill topper. Cook until tomato skins begin to char and crack, about 30 seconds.
- Remove tomatoes from grill and toss with crushed garlic cloves and basil leaves. Add additional salt and pepper if desired. Place in a jar or other container and cover with extra-virgin olive oil. Marinate at least 1 hour, up to one week in the refrigerator.
Note: The leftover oil has amazing flavor! Try it in your favorite marinade, vinaigrette or sauce.