Marinated Flank Steak
- Yield 6 servings
Nothing is simpler and better tasting than flank steak. Marinate in the morning and toss on the grill in the evening for a great entrée.
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- Pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Thoroughly season meat with pepper and coat with a mixture of soy sauce, ginger, honey, green onions, red pepper flakes, garlic and oil. Meat can marinate in an oblong dish or resealable bag.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight and turn meat at least once. Discard marinade.
- Grill over high heat for 5-7 minutes. Let rest before slicing, and serve rare.