Marinated Flank Steak
- Yield 6 servings
Nothing is simpler and better tasting than flank steak. Marinate in the morning and toss on the grill in the evening for a great entrée.
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- Pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Season meat with pepper. In resealable plastic bag or glass oblong dish, mix together soy sauce, ginger, honey, green onions, red pepper flakes, garlic and oil. Add meat.
- Cover, marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Discard marinade. Grill, covered, over hot fire 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Serve rare, cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. May be cooked in oven.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN