Marinated Filet with Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/4pounds beef filets
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon brown sugar
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic. Put the steak into a sealable plastic bag with the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Discard the marinade.
- Cook the meat in the grill pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Top with blue cheese crumbles and serve.