- Yield 12 servings
"I've been in a gourmet group for about ten years. We meet once a month and love to serve new and different recipes. This marinate cheese is one of my favorites."
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Combine dressing mix, oil, vinegar, water, onion and sugar in a small jar. Cover and shake vigorously until well blended. Set aside.
- Slice blocks of cheese into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange them side-by-side in a 2-quart glass dish, alternating Cheddar and Monterey Jack, stacked like dominoes on their sides. Make two rows. Pour marinade over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain and place on a platter. Top with pimiento and parsley. Drizzle a bit of marinade on top. Serve with crackers.
Recipe by Janey D. Stubbs, Starkville, Miss.