Marinated Beef Shish Kabobs
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2pounds sirloin, 1 1/2-inches thick
- 2/3cup vegetable oil
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 3tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons ginger
- 1-- garlic clove, crushed
- 8ounces mushrooms
- Cut steaks into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine next 6 ingredients and pour over meat. Let stand 1 to 3 hours.
- Place meat cubes and mushrooms on skewers, alternately.
- Cook on grill, turning once. (Cooking time varies with steak preference.)
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).