Marinated Beef Shish Kabobs
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Tender cuts of sirloin are marinated in a delicious combinations of soy sauce, honey and vinegar, then grilled to perfection.
- 2 pounds sirloin, 1 1/2-inches thick
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 -- garlic clove, crushed
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- Cut steaks into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine next 6 ingredients and pour over meat. Let stand 1 to 3 hours.
- Place meat cubes and mushrooms on skewers, alternately.
- Cook on grill, turning once. (Cooking time varies with steak preference.)
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).