Marinated Asparagus Salad
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2pounds asparagus
- 1large red onion, sliced
- 1-- cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3/4cup olive oil
- 2/3cup white wine tarragon vinegar
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-- garlic cloves, crushed
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon dillweed
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4cup Durkee sauce
- Steam asparagus until tender-crisp. Combine asparagus, onion and cucumber in a bowl and mix well. Spoon into a shallow serving dish.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, sugar, dillweed, dry mustard and Durkee sauce in a bowl. Pour over asparagus mixture. Chill, covered, for 8 to 12 hours.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Morgan County’s Beyond Cotton Country (The Junior League of Morgan County, Decatur, Ala., 1999).