Margy’s Key Lime Pie
- Yield 10 servings
This reduced-fat take on classic key lime pie allows you to enjoy more and worry less.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened, condensed fat-free milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (bottled) key lime juice or fresh lime juice (1/2 cup = juice of 4 limes)
- 3 to 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, and lime zest until blended and mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until center is set. Chill for at least 2 hours, but up to 4 days.
Substitution: Use a reduced-fat pie crust, which cuts 2 fat grams per serving and calories by 18).
Dress it up: Top cooled pie with a dollop of reduced-fat or fat-free frozen whipped topping.
Recipe by Peggy Eastmond, RD, Illinois. Reprinted with permission from the American Dietetic Association’s Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).