- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Serve this shrimp in margarita glasses and garnish with lime for a fun appetizer.
- 5 tablespoons corn or olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup whole green onions, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse or Margarita salt
- -- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; add tequila. Return to heat. Bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits in the pan. Transfer to a bowl; toss with lime juice and salt. Garnish with lime wedges, serve warm or cooled. If desired serve with rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tampa, Inc.’s Tampa Treasures (Tampa, Fl., 1992).