- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- 5tablespoons corn or olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2cup whole green onions, minced
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4cup tequila
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon coarse or Margarita salt
- -- Lime wedges (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, green onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; add tequila. Return to heat. Bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits in the pan. Transfer to a bowl; toss with lime juice and salt. Garnish with lime wedges, serve warm or cooled. If desired serve with rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tampa, Inc.’s Tampa Treasures (Tampa, Fl., 1992).