Margarita Seafood Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Wow your guests by serving this salad in margarita glasses with salted rims. If you are familiar with the Spanish dish seviche, you will love this adaptation for its pungent lime flavor and appetizing texture.
- Margarita dressing:
- 1/2 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat, drained and shells removed
- 1 pound boiled crawfish tails
- 1 pound deveined and peeled boiled shrimp
For the dressing:
- Mix the purple onion, green onions, parsley, cilantro and lime zest in a bowl. Add the oil, tequila, lime juice and Creole seasoning and whisk until mixed.
For the salad:
- Mix the crab meat, crawfish tails and shrimp in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Spoon the salad into 6 chilled margarita glasses.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc., River Road Recipes IV: Warm Welcomes, Entertaining Menus from Our Homes to Yours (the Junior League of Baton Rouge, Inc., 2004)