- Yield 8 servings
This will keep in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- 20 thin mint chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed white marshmallows
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- Juice of 2 limes (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup tequila (silver)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Process the cookies in a blender or food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and process until moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom and halfway up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Combine the marshmallows and half-and-half in a 3-quart saucepan and cook until blended, stirring frequently.
- Dip the saucepan in a bowl of ice water for 3 minutes or until cool.
- Mix in the lime juice, tequila and lime zest and stir for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture is cold.
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar in a mixing bowl at high speed until firm peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture and spread in the prepared crust.
- Cover and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- To serve, run a sharp knife around the edge of the pie and remove the side. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sarasota, Simply Sarasota, Creatively Casual Cuisine (the Junior League of Sarasota, 2007)