- Yield 24 servings
Sweet and salty, light and refreshing, this white cake is flavored with non-alcoholic margarita mix and lime.
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups bottled non-alcoholic margarita mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (8-ounce) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Additional grated lime rind, if desired
- Heat oven 350F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine pretzels, brown sugar and melted butter. Mold mixture along the bottom of the pan.
- Beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, lime rind and egg whites until well mixed. Spoon batter over pretzel crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back to touch.
- Frost with whipped topping, garnish with lime rind and refrigerate.