- Yield 24 servings
Sweet and salty, light and refreshing, this white cake is flavored with non-alcoholic margarita mix and lime.
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -- (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups bottled non-alcoholic margarita mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 3 -- egg whites
- 1 -- (8-ounce) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- -- Additional grated lime rind, if desired
- Heat oven 350F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix pretzels, brown sugar and melted butter. Press into pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, lime rind and egg whites until well mixed. Carefully pour batter over pretzel mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely. Frost with whipped topping; sprinkle with additional lime rind. Refrigerate.