Maple Walnut Pound Cake
- Yield 12-14 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 60 mins
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 5 -- eggs
- 1-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- -- Maple Glaze (recipe follows)
- -- Walnut halves or chopped walnuts, for garnish
In mixer bowl cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
In measuring cup combine milk and maple flavoring; beat into butter mixture alternatively with flour mixture.
Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts. Turn into greased 9 or 10-inch tube pan.
Bake in lower third of 300F oven 60-75 minutes, just until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely. Drizzle with maple glaze and garnish with walnuts.
Makes one 9 or 10-inch cake
In small bowl mix 1 cup sifted powdered sugar with 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons milk to make a glaze of thick pouring consistency.
Stir in ¼ teaspoon maple flavoring.