- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
An unusual salad dressing with seasonal flair.
Sweet but with a little snap to it and the indefinable note of pure maple, this is wonderful over a salad of mesclun greens tossed with a little slivered purple cabbage and a finely diced crisp tart apple, such as a Winesap.
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild vegetable oil, such as canola
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender or food processor. Pulse to chop onion.
- With machine running, drizzle in oil, process until well blended. Store the dressing, refrigerated, in a glass bottle, and shake before using. Makes about 1 cup; serves 16.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon