Maple-Roasted Nuts with Mixed Herbs
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4cup maple syrup
- 1pinch cayenne pepper
- 2cups mixed nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, or whichever nuts you like)
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1teaspoon finely chopped sage
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, maple syrup and cayenne pepper and stir. Add the mixed nuts and toss.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the nuts evenly. Bake for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the oven, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with the herbs, stirring to coat. Let the nuts cool for at least 1 hour, then serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Host: A Modern Guide to Eating, Drinking and Feeding Your Friends © 2016 by Eric Prum and Josh Williams, Dovetail