Maple Pecan Quinoa with Blueberries
- Yield 2 servings
Juicy blueberries really turn this bowl of warm cereal into something special. Not only is it incredibly tasty, but the juices turn the quinoa into an explosion of purple and blue that you don’t usually see in a typical breakfast cereal.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- -- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries, thawed (keep the juice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw pecans
1. Bring water, quinoa, and salt to a boil. Turn to low and simmer, uncovered, until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with a lid and let rest for 5 minutes.
2. Fluff quinoa with a fork; spoon into bowls.
3. Drizzle maple syrup over quinoa and add blueberries with their juice to each bowl. Sprinkle tops with pecans and serve!
Reprinted with permission from The Healthy Gluten-Free Life by Tammy Credicott, Victory Belt Publishing, Inc.