Maple Pecan Quinoa with Blueberries
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1cup water
- 1/2cup organic quinoa, rinsed
- -- sea salt
- 2tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2cup frozen organic blueberries, thawed (keep the juice)
- 2tablespoons chopped raw pecans
1. Bring water, quinoa, and salt to a boil. Turn to low and simmer, uncovered, until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cover with a lid and let rest for 5 minutes.
2. Fluff quinoa with a fork; spoon into bowls.
3. Drizzle maple syrup over quinoa and add blueberries with their juice to each bowl. Sprinkle tops with pecans and serve!
Reprinted with permission from The Healthy Gluten-Free Life by Tammy Credicott, Victory Belt Publishing, Inc.